2017 ROAD WARRIOR RULES
1. Top of Motor $200 Bottom $300
2. $75 per shock claim top three only.
3. Tire Protest $100 (one tire) top three only.
1. Minimum 108" wheel base. Must match body,
2. NO GT TYPE CARS; mustang, Can1aro, firebird, etc.
1. 3500 lbs.
ALL CARS MUST HAVE WINDOW NET, IT MUST BE IN THE UP POSITION WHILE ON THE RACE TRACK!
ALL CARS l\'IUST HAVE FRONT AND REAR TOW HOOKS!
ALL DRIVERS J\,fUST WEAR COJ\,fPLETE FJRESUIT, RACING GLOVES, AND RACING SHOES DURING COMPETITION.
1. MUST BE FACTORY STOCK FOR MAKE AND MODEL
2. NO COATING OF ENGINE ROTATING PARTS
3. 400's and/or 454 must add 300 lbs.
4. Engine Location.
5. Engine # 1 spark plug must be even with or in front ofupper ball joint.
BORE: 1. 060 +.010 wear ROTATING ASSEMBLY:
1. RODS; press fitted OEM, Eagle, or Scat rods with 3/8 rod bolts only, cap screws ok, aftermarket rod bolts ok.
2. Flat top 4 eyebrow pistons or dish top piston*(w/4 eyebrow).
3. Piston must be .020 in cylinder, no exceptions!
4. Stock stroke OEM, Eagle, or Scat cast crankshaft only.
5. Balancing OK.
6. Crankshaft weight, 49lbs. weighed with pilot bushing and cam gear.
1. .390/.410 HYDRAULIC FLAT TAPPET CAMSHAFT. VALVE LASH ZERO.
2. No 4/7 swap camshafts.
3. No Asymmetrical camshafts.
4. Stock type lifters with wire ring clip only!
5. Double Roller timing OK
6. Absolutely no camshaft advance/retarding permitting. Timing marks must be in factory location, DOT-TO-DOT
1. OEM open chamber only, 487X, 487, 993,882,441, etc.
2. 3 angle valve job ok
3. 1.250 stock type springs
4. 100 lb. valve springs max, springs will be checked cold
5. 3/8 Screw-in studs/ guide plates
6. 70cc minimum
7. No bowl cutting allowed.
8. 1.5 stock style rockers only, long slot ok.
1. GM Quadrajet or Holley style cast iron intake only!
2. Holley Stock 1850 series only
3. Can remove choke butterfly
4. Must retain air horn
5. Absolutely no modifications to carburetor other than choke removal and/or jetting. Cannot change metering plates for blocks.
1. Manifolds only
2. Outlet cannot exceed 3 inches
3. Pipes must be parallel to the ground
4. Pipes cannot exceed 30" in length. measured from bottom of manifold flange to end of pipe.
1. Stock type HEI
2. NO TRACTION DEVICES!
1. Factory stock manual or automatic
2. No Power glide transmissions.
3. No dummy torque converters for automatics, 10" converter minimum.
4. Working forward and reverse
5. Steel driveshaft only
6. Must have safety loop around driveshaft.
1. Steel Flywheel only and must weigh] 51bs. minimum
2. Stock type clutch and pressure plate 1O" minimum
3. :May run stock type non-spring clutch disc
4. Clutch and pressure plate 16lbs. minimum combined weight.
1. Stock type brakes only, steel calipers/drums only.
2. One master cylinder only.
3. Disc on front, drum on rear
4. No adjusters of any kind
5. No cut-offs of any kind
1. Stock rear end for make and model
2. Locking of rear ok
WHEELS AND TIRES:
1. 8" steel wheels
2. HOOSIER H500 only
3. NO ALUMINUM!
4. NO Grooving or Syphing
5. Tire Sample Protest $100, Top three only and can only protest car in which you finish behind.
2. Racing or Pump gas only
3. NO ALCOHOL, METHANOL, OR ANY TYPE OF FUEL ADDITIVE ALLOWED!
1. All cars must weigh a minimum of 3500 lbs. after race with driver.
CHASSIS AND SUSPENSION:
1. Must remain factorN y stock.
2. Uni-bodies CANOT be tied together
3. No X-bracing or bracing of any kind under car.
4. Car must look factory underneath
5. May run tubular uppers A-Arms; left and right side must be same length, lower must be stock type, no heims, or racing lower a-arms permitted.
6. Springs, 11' minimum. Not adjusters, spacers, or shims allowed between springs and factory mounts.
7. Rear trailing arms must be STOCK NON-ADJUSTABLE type, no aftermarket permitted!
8. Steel Non-adjustable shocks in factory location only. NO SCHRADER VALVE SHOCKS ALLOWED.
9. $75 claimer rule on shocks, Top three only
SAFETY REGULATIONS: All cars and drivers must pass safety regulations. Must have fire extinguisher in car. Must have full driving suit, Racing gloves, and racing shoes to participate in any event at Swainsboro Raceway.
1. All weight must be securely mounted in car, painted white, and have car number on it. Cars will not be allowed on track if tech inspector deems it unsafe. If any car drops weight on race track, car and driver are disqualified for the remainder of the night's events.
2. Racing seats only. Must be securely mounted to roll-cage.
3. ALL RACERS MUST HAVE A l OLB F IRE EXTINGUISHER IN THEIR PIT AREA! THIS IS MANDATORY BY LA,v!!!
4. Musthavewindow net and must be in the up positionwhenon track!
1. Body must be stock appearing.
2. Bodies must be steel.
3. Must have stock unaltered firewall from fender to fender.
4. Must have stock unaltered floor pan. May rebuild floor plan, but must take factory form.
5. Must have stock unaltered trunk floor or replacement must be factory look.
6. Trunk area must be as it come from factory, may cut out to gain access to shock mounts.
7. Steelbodies ok. Body must roll in at the bottom to drip rails like it comes from factory.
8. Must have rear of car enclosed.
9. Hulling for tire clearance only.
10. IF DRIVERS COMPARTMENT IS BOXED IN IT MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 8"X8" INSPECTION DOOR ON PASSENGER SIDE.
11. No sharp edges.
12. No lowering of roofs.
13. Aftermarket nose and rear cover permitted.
14. Rear spoiler permitted. 4" maximum including sides.
15. No flares on fenders, nose must attach to sheet metal fender. If car has flares they must be attached in a manor to follow factory fender.
16. Must have bars (4 minimum) in front of driver' s window.
17. Must havetow hookson front and rear.
THE ABSENCE OF A SPECIFIC RULE DOES NOT IMPLY APPROVAL, CONSENT OR PERMISSION REGARDING THAT SUBJECT. ANY QUESTIONS OR DOUBTS REGARDING SUCH MATTERS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO RACE TRACK OFFICIALS FOR A CLARIFICATION.
2017 RACE CARS
l. ALL CARS MUST HAVE LEGIBLE NUMBERS I8 INCHES HIGH ON BO'IH DOORS, ROOF, AND A 6" NUMBER ON THE FRONT NOSE AND REAR BUMPER COVER.
2. ALL CARS MUST HAVE FRONT AND REAR TOW HOOKS. MANDATORY!
3. ALL CARS MUST HAVE A FIRE EXTINGUISHER AND IT MUST BE MOUNTED IN REACH OF DRIVER. FIRE SUPPRESSAt'IT SYSTEM OPTIONAL.
4. ALL CARS MUST HAVE ATLEAST ONE (1) DRIVE SHAFI' SAFETY LOOP.
5. TOP FIVE (5) CARS MUST COME ACROSS SCALES AFTER HEAT AND FEATURES. ALL CARS QUALIFYING FOR POSITION MUST CROSS SCALES.
6. ALL CARS MUST HAVE A FIVE (5) POINT RACING HARNESS IN GOOD CONDITION WITH A MINIMUM OF THREE (3) INCH SHOULDER HARNESS AND LAP BELT.
7. ALL CARS MUST HAVE A WINDOW NET AND MUST BE JN THE UP POSTION WHILE ON TRACK, MANDATORY!
8. ALL DOORS MUST BE WELDED SHUT.
9. ALL GLASS AND OTHER FLAMMABLE MATERIALS MUST BE REMOVED.
10. ALL CARS ARE REQUIRED TO HA VE ATLEAST A 4 POINT ROLL CAGE MADE FROM TUBING WITH A MINIMUM DIAMETER OF (I ½ ") AND A MINIMUM WALL THICK.NESS OF .090. ROLL CAGE MUST BE WELDED TO FRAME RAILS AND ALL CONNECTIONS MUST BE FULLY WELDED. A MINIMUM OF TWO (2) HORJZOBTAL BARS IN THE PASSENGER DOOR AND THREE (3) HORIZONTAL BARS 1N THE DR1VERS DOOR ARE REQUIRED.
11. MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF FOUR (4) BARS IN FRONT OF DRIVER.
12. ALL CARS MUST HAVE FRONT AND REAR FIREWALL. FIREWALL MUST GO FROM FENDER TO FENDER.
13. RACING FUEL CELLS ONLY! MUST BE MOUNTED IN STEEL C01'i'TAINER. MAY CUT TRUNK FLOOR TO LOWER.
14. ALL NUTS, BOLTS, AND COMPONENT PARTS FOR EACH CAR'S SUSPENSION, CHASSIS, AND RUNNING GEAR MUST BE SECURED WITH LOCK NUTS, LOCKING WASHERS, OR COTTER PINS AND HAVEATLEAST ONE FULL THREAD SHOWING.
15. OUTSIDE BOLTS MUST HAVE BOLT HEAD ON OUTSIDE AND THREAD AREA TO THE INSIDE.
16. PUMP GASOLINE OR RACING GAS ONLY. NO ADDITIVES, NO ALCOHOL OR METHANOL.
17. RACING STEERING WHEEL WITH QUICK RELEASE MANDATORY.
18. NO BATTERY ALLOWED IN DRJVERS COMPARTMENT.
19. STOCK DASHBOARD OK. FABRICATED DASHBOARD RECCOMENDED.
20. NO MIRRORS ALLOWED IN ANY CLASS
21. NO CHEMICAL TREATING OF TIRES ALLOWED IN ANY CLASS.
22. NO TRACTION CONTROL OF ANY KIND ON ANY CARS AT SWAINSBORO RACEWAY.