2017 PURE STOCK RULES
1. Engine Top $300 bottom $300
2. 602 Crate Engine $350 Top $400 Bottom
3. $100 per shock Claim Rule top three only
4. Tire Protest $100 (one tire) top three only
ALL CARS MUST HAVE WINDOW NET, IT MUST BE IN THE UP POISTION WHILE ON THE RACE TRACK!
ALL CARS MUST HAVE FRONT AND REAR TOW HOOKS!
ALL DRIVERS MUST WEAR A COMPLETE FIRESUIT, RACING GLOVES, AND RACING SHOES DURING COMPETITION.
1. Minimum 108" must match body.
1. 3300 lbs.
CAR AND BODY: Any 1960 or newer sedan
1. Must have at least 4 windshield bars in front of the driver.
2. Racing seat required.
3. Must have full front and rear firewall in driver's compartment.
4. Car may be boxed in.
5. Firewall can be moved back, no more than 6" from most forward body mount. Can run steel fab firewall.
6. Firewall must go fender to fender.
7. Floor pan must go from driver's door to passenger door, minimum to inside of passenger frame rail.
8. May run 4 inch rear spoiler.
9. May use aftermarket body, aluminum or steel.
10. May run aftermarket nose and tail piece.
11. Rear of car must be closed in. Also must be closed in at all times while on track!
12. No sloping noses. Nose must follow factory body lines.
13. Nose flares much attach to fenders and cannot go upward from fender more than 1".
14. Bodies must remain stock appearing!
15. There must be a break on each side of car,
16. Rear of car must taper inward.
17. NO FLAT BODIES!
18. NO FLAT DECKS, DECKS MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 5 DEGREES or 1½" TAPER! ANY CAR WITH A TRUE FLAT DECK WIL HAVE TO MOVE UP TO THE NEXT DIVISION!
1. MUST BE FACTORY STOCK FOR MAKE AND MODEL
2. NO 400's or Big Blocks
3. GM CRATE 602 OK
4. Engine Location
5. #1 sparkplug can be no more than 1" behind upper ball joint.
1. .060 + .010 wear.
1. Floated/Press Fit OEM, Eagle, or Scat rods with 3/8 rod bolts.
2. 3/8 cap screws ok.
3. OEM or aftermarket Cast or hypereutectic four eyebrow dish or four eye brow flat top pistons, only.
4. No coating of engine rotating parts except pistons.
5. Crankshaft can be OEM, EAGLE, or SCAT, CAST ONLY! Stock Stroke, 49 lbs. minimum, weighed with timing gear and pilot bushing.
6. Piston cannot come out of block.
CAM & LIFTERS:
1. .425/.425 MAX.LIFT
2. Stock diameter lifters
3. Anti-pump-ups ok
4. Valve lash ZERO
5. No Asymmetrical Camshafts.
1. OEM open chamber style heads.
2. OEM heads may be 70CC's minimum
3. Screw in studs and guide plates ok
4. Any retainer and lock
5. 1.5 stock style rocker arms, long slot ok.
6. Poly locks ok
7. No stud girdles.
8. Stock type 1.250 valve springs
9. Valve size 1.94/1.5 only
1O.May have .010 valve stem step down
11.1" maximum bowl cut and must retain lip 12.Absolutely no porting/polishing of any type allowed.
1. Engine Quest 350!
2. 70CC minimum
3. Maximum allowed consistent runner size will be 179cc's.
1. Stock type REI distributor. MSD REI OK.
2. NO TRACTION CONTROL DEVICES ALLOWED.
1. Headers or stock type manifolds. Over the rail or parallel Headers
2. Holley 1850 series vacuum secondary
3. 602 crate engine carb # 80541 only.
1. Cast Iron Stock type.
2. No porting and polishing.
3. 1" spacer or adapter only, NOT BOTH!
4. 602 can run 1" spacer
2. Racing or pump gas only.
3. NO ALCOHOL, METHANOL, OR ANY TYPE OF FUEL ADDITIVE ALLOWED!
1. Stock type transmissions only.
2. No power-glide transmissions.
3. Must have working forward and reverse gears.
4. Automatics must have torque converter, 1O" minimum. No dummy converters.
5. No racing transmissions.
6. Any steel or aluminum driveshaft.
7. Must have safety loop around driveshaft
1. Stock type clutch and pressure plates only 10" minimum.
2. Steel flywheel only and must weigh 14lbs minimum.
3. Clutch and pressure plate must weigh 16lbs minimum.
4. May run stock type non-spring clutch disc.
1. Stock type factory
2. Disc on rear ok
3. Factory style aluminum single piston calipers ok.
1. Stock rear ends or 9" Ford Rear ends OK.
2. Floater rear ends with steel parts OK.
WHEELS AND TIRES:
1. 8" steel wheels ONLY.
2. HOOSIER H500 ONLY
3. NO ALUMINUM!
4. No Grooving and syping.
5. Tire Sample Protest $100, Top three only.
1. Adjustable Cups on front OK.
2. Screw jacks on rear Ok, blocks on leaf springs ok.
3. Stock length/type or aftermarket NON-ADillSTABLE trailing arms.
4. No adjustable sliders, adjustable blocks, etc. for leaf spring cars
5. Upper Trailing arms may run offset bushing. NO HEIM TYPE
6. Lower Rear Trailing Arms must utilize stock type mount on chassis side and on rear axle, no adjustable mounts on rear axle housing. If Car already has these the rear of
trailing arm must be no more than 6"
when measured from center of bolt to top or axle tube.
7. Both lower arms should be same length as well as both uppers.
8. May run non-adjustable tubular top A-arms.
9. Lower control arms must be stock type, no Heims or racing type lower A-arms permitted.
10. Can run after market upper control arm mounts in stock location.
I. STEEL NON-ADWSTABLE, NON-SCHRADER VALVE, NON- PIERCING VALVE SHOCK ONLY.
2. NO coil-over or aluminum bodied shocks.
3. Heim shocks on rear OK. Leaf and Coil spring car shocks must be in stock location, may extend shock mount through factory location to accommodate heim joint. BUT MUST REMAIN IN FACTORY LOCATION!
4. $100 per Shock Claimer (top 3 only)
I. Chassis must be stock.
2. No full tube chassis, only allowed tubing can be located behind rear suspension mounts for fuel cell mounting.
3. Uni-bodies may be tied together.
4. Camaros must retain factory frame rails.
All cars and drivers must pass safety regulations. Must have fire extinguisher in car. Must have full driving suit, Racing gloves, and racing shoes to participate in any event at 441 Speedway.
1. All weight must be securely mounted in car, painted white, and have car number on it. Cars will not be allowed on track if tech inspector deems it unsafe. If any car drops weight on race track, car and driver are disqualified for the remainder of the night's events.
2. Racing seats only. Must be securely mounted to roll-cage.
3. ALL RACERS MUST HAVE A 10 LB FIRE EXTINGUISHER IN THEIR PIT AREA! THIS IS MANDATORY BY LAW!!!
4. Must have window net and must be in the up position when on track!
THE ABSENCE OF A SPECIFIC RULE DOES
NOT IMPLY APPROVAL, CONSENT OR PERMISSION REGARDING THAT SUBJECT. ANY QUESTIONS
OR DOUBTS REGARDING SUCH MATTERS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO RACE TRACK OFFICIALS
FOR A CLARIFICATION.